I’m a 22 year old Graphic Design student situated in Oslo, and this blog will predominantly feature school projects.
Who am I?
- Well, a bit of a geek really. At a young age I started getting into Japanese pop culture, an interest that evolved into an interest for drawing, reading comics and learning languages.
- I was born in beautiful Ålesund but I have lived most of my life in Oslo. As I grew up I found that I’m quite creative and would put a lot of effort into drawing birthday gifts, cards, pamphlets or even creating Powerpoints in High School. When I read about what Graphic Design entails I realized that I had already been doing some of the activities or thought processes central to this profession. And that is how I came to enroll in the Graphic Design course at Noroff!
- For the past four years I have been working as an assistant (BPA), while studying. This has taught me a lot about patience and putting someone else’s needs above my own. A valuable life lesson indeed!
- I am currently also studying Japanese, and will finish my bachelor by next summer. Although my exchange was cancelled due to our dear friend covid-19, I do hope to spend some time there in the future.
As for actual experience with Graphic Design as a field of study; I am super fresh to the field so constructive criticism would be invaluable for my progress. Please, do leave a comment if you:
- Have suggestions on how I can improve my designs.
- Tips concerning drawing/ equipment/ software
- Or simply want to talk anime 😉
As you might have already seen, one of my first projects as a Graphic Design student is a self portrait with a little twist:
I look forward to hearing your feedback, and most importantly I hope to learn and improve a lot moving forward.