- The size of the brochure should be A5 (when it is folded).
- Design the brochure in full colour.
- Use fake body copy, but create sensible headings.
- Use titles, headings and images of your choice.
Kind of ironic having to make a Travel Agency Brochure these days x)
To start, I imagined a brochure to be folded, and I wanted to see if I could make an «Accordian fold», however, seeing as the pages should be A5 when folded, this might not be ideal. If the pages were slimmer this would have worked much better, instead you would end up with somewhat of a papyrus roll. I would then rather prefer it to be bound.
I was also curious about the actual definition of a brochure so I went ahead and googled it:
«This piece of paper can be folded several times to create separate pages, or are several pages stapled together. The term “booklet” is sometimes used when referring to a brochure. While it can look similar to a pamphlet, the important thing to remember is brochures are more commonly used for advertising multiple products or services for a company. Brochures typically contain more images than words. Some common uses for brochures include introducing a new product line or detailing service offerings to be sent out to new customers.»
An overview of brochures:
- Advertising products/services
- Sometimes binded
- Multiple pages
Moving on, I had to find some inspiration, and when it came to travel agencies, these brochures were usually folded. (Consequently, I wish we weren’t given the A5 limitation but such is life)
I also looked at some flyers, to get some ideas to the first page:
Keep in mind that page 2-4 are double-pages and are going to be folded.
Evaluation: I have actually been part of a team that made a political brochure when I was in NU (Natur og Ungdom/ Nature and youth), although I was put in charge of design of the front, so I did not contribute so much to the layout of the content, so this part was rather unfamiliar to me. I did my best trying to choose the perfect pictures, both trying to show cityscape and nature, culture and tourist attractions as well as trying to coordinate the colors of the pictures. At this I think I did rather all right. The headlines are quite generic, but then again the focus was not on the text but the layout. Speaking of layout, I obviously still have a lot to learn. But…all in all, I’m rather pleased with the result.
- Brochure1: https://www.google.com/search?q=travel+agency+brochure&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=wJYVK0Omxt5RxM%252Cd9PvuUfC3b0DFM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kR7vHWl7XoJUNW5URs02O6Mp6Nc7g&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwja8f2gzMvsAhWolIsKHf0eAFMQ9QF6BAgFEEY#imgrc=wJYVK0Omxt5RxM
- Brochure2: https://www.mycreativeshop.com/leading-travel-agents-brochure-template.aspx
- Flyer: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fuicreative.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fedd%2F2019%2F10%2Fbeautiful-travel-agency-flyer.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fuicreative.net%2Fproducts%2Fbeautiful-travel-agency-flyer&tbnid=xKOIoVIvH7sAlM&vet=12ahUKEwj4gd-2zMvsAhVVyCoKHfblAMwQMygGegUIARCrAQ..i&docid=ZAvEJt4hiUD2TM&w=2340&h=1560&q=travel%20agency%20brochure&ved=2ahUKEwj4gd-2zMvsAhVVyCoKHfblAMwQMygGegUIARCrAQ
- Taj Mahal: https://unsplash.com/photos/mwV6PsB-7Bk
- Woman India: https://unsplash.com/photos/BYYu5nvQoUM
- Tokyo Tower: https://unsplash.com/photos/7H77FWkK_x4
- Nature Japan: https://www.pexels.com/nb-no/bilde/arkitektur-beromt-bygning-dagtid-402028/
- Himalaya: https://www.pexels.com/nb-no/bilde/asia-fjell-himalaya-kina-1531660/
- Street Korea: https://www.pexels.com/nb-no/bilde/aksje-arkitektur-bar-by-373290/
- Airport: https://unsplash.com/photos/mSESwdMZr-A
- China sign: https://www.pexels.com/nb-no/bilde/lys-lett-by-kunst-3389817/
- Indonesia: https://www.pexels.com/nb-no/bilde/arkitektur-bali-beromt-daggry-2659475/
- Thailand: https://www.pexels.com/nb-no/bilde/arkitektur-as-asia-bakke-733046/
- Sea: https://www.pexels.com/nb-no/bilde/skumring-kveld-endelos-fargerik-4983184/
- Airplane: https://unsplash.com/photos/mEBG2Jee81U